First 30 DAYS after your vehicle is repaired
- Do wash the vehicle by hand with cool, clean fresh water and a very mild car wash solution using a soft cloth or sponge.
- Do keep your vehicle free of bird droppings, which have a high acid content and will damage a freshly painted surface.
- Do avoid parking under trees and utility lines which are likely to attract birds.
- Do avoid tree sap as it can mar or spot a freshly painted surface.
- Do not use a commercial car wash. Stiff brushes or sponges could mar the finish and damage the surface.
- Do not “dry wipe” your vehicle. Dry wiping can scratch the finish.
- Do not drive on gravel roads. Chipping the finish can easily occur in the first 30 days.
- Do not spill gasoline, oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, or windshield solvent on the new finish.
- Do not scrape ice or snow from the newly painted surface.
First 90 DAYS after your vehicle is repaired
- Do not wax or polish the vehicle. This will allow the finish to dry and harden completely.